Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro with 6.26-inch 19:9 display, dual front and rear cameras launched in India starting at Rs. 13,999
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro has been announced in India and this smartphone is the successor to the Redmi Note 5 Pro that was launched last year. The new smartphone comes with some good improvements in terms of the display, the dual camera on the front and back and more.
Talking about the cameras, the phone has a primary rear camera on the back with a 12 MP sensor with an aperture of f/1.9. The pixel size 1.4μm which is big enough to produce good low light photos. The front has a primary camera of 20 MP and a secondary camera of 2 MP. This camera system uses a 4-in-1 Super Pixel technology and since it is a dual camera setup, it can perform AI face unlock as well. Both of the camera systems, in the front and the back support AI portrait mode and AI-based scene recognition. The rear camera can recognize scenes in about 32 categories out of which Xiaomi has worked on 5 scenes specifically for India. The front camera, on the other hand, can detect 12 categories at most.
The display being used here is a 6.28-inch Full HD+ display that has a notch and the screen itself has an aspect ratio of 19:9. Other than all this, the phone is powered by a Snapdragon 636 processor and you can get up to 6GB RAM. The phone also supports Dual 4G V0LTE and has a 4000mAh battery to power everything. The battery supports Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 but you have to buy an aftermarket adapter since you get a 5V/2A charging adapter with the phone.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro specifications
- 6.26-inch display with a Full HD+ resolution of 2280×1080 pixels; 19:9 aspect ratio; 2.5D curved glass display; 500 nits brightness; 1500:1 contrast ratio; Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 636 Processor
- Adreno 509 GPU
- 6GB / 4GB RAM
- 64GB (eMMC 5.1) Internal Storage; Expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD card
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI 10
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / nano + microSD)
- 12MP (f/1.9 aperture, 1.4μm pixel size) + 5MP camera (f/2.2 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size) rear camera setup; Dual-tone LED Flash; Dual PD focus; EIS, secondary
- 20MP (Sony IMX376 sensor, f/2.0 aperture)+ 2MP (f/2.2 aperture, 1.75μm pixel size)
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0 Support
Launch Offers & Pricing
The Redmi Note 5 Pro will start at Rs. 13,999 for the 4GB RAM/64GB Storage version while the 6GB RAM/64GB Storage version costs Rs. 15,999. You also get a protective case with the phone. You can buy the phone in Black, Blue, Rose Gold and Red colors.
The company has also partnered with Jio to provide Rs. 2400 worth of vouchers and up to 6TB extra 4G data. You can buy the phone from Flipkart, Mi.com/in and Mi Home. The phone will go on sale tomorrow on 23rd November at 12 Noon on the mentioned websites and Xiaomi will be selling the 4GB RAM version of the phone at Rs. 12,999 while the 6GB RAM version will be sold for Rs. 14,999. HDFC credit/debit card users will be able to get Rs. 500 off in tomorrow’s sale.