Xiaomi has finally launched the Redmi 6 Pro in China. The new Redmi 6 mid-range smartphone comes with a 19:9 5.84-inch full HD+ display. The display, as you can see in the images of the phone, has a notch.
The phone runs on the Snapdragon 625 chipset and you have RAM options of up to 4GB. The phone runs on MIUI 9 with Android 8.1 Oreo under the hood. Coming to the camera, the phone has dual rear camera setup that is supported by AI. The primary sensor on the back is a 12MP sensor with 1.25-micron pixels. It has an aperture of f/2.2 and along with these things you get PDAF, LED flash, apart from the 5-megapixel secondary sensor.
The front facing camera is another 5MP shooter and it has AI portrait mode along with HDR mode for much more clearer selfies. The front camera also supports face unlock thanks to the AI.
The whole system is powered by a 4000mAh battery and comes with dual SIM functionality. You can also choose to replace one of the SIMs for a microSD card if you want more storage.
Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro specifications
- 5.84-inch Full HD+ 19:9 2.5D curved glass display; 2280×1080 pixels; 500 nits brightness; 1500:1 contrast ratio, 84% NTSC Color Gamut
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625
- Adreno 506 GPU
- 3GB RAM/32GB storage; 4GB RAM with 32GB/64GB storage,;
- Expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- MIUI 9 with Android 8.1 Oreo
- Dual SIM functionality with hybrid slot
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, Sony IMX486 sensor, 1.25um pixel size, PDAF, f/2.2 aperture, secondary 5MP camera with Samsung S5K5E8 sensor, 1.12um pixel size, f/2.2 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh battery
The Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro comes in various different colors i.e. Rose Gold, Gold, Blue, Black and Red. The 3GB RAM and 32GB storage version cost 999 yuan (US$ 156 / Rs. 10,520 approx.) and you will have to pay 1199 yuan (US$ 184 / Rs. 12,510 approx.) and for the 4GB RAM with 32GB storage version.
The 4GB RAM and 64GB version comes at 1299 yuan (US$ 199 / Rs. 13,555 approx.). It will go on sale in China starting June 26th 2018.