Xiaomi Mi A2 launched in India for Rs. 16999 – 5.99-inch Full HD+ display, Snapdragon 660, Dual rear cameras
The Xiaomi Mi A2, the second Android One smartphone from the company has finally made its way to India. The phone comes with a new processor – Snapdragon 660 while the older Mi A1 came with a Snapdragon 625. The phone also comes with a bunch of updates related to it’s look like you now get a 5.99-inch 18:9 FHD+ display, a new dual rear camera setup that is stacked vertically. You will, however, miss the 3.5mm audio hack on the phone since it completely gets rid of the jack this time and also comes at a higher price of Rs. 16,999.
The cameras have been updated and now you get a camera setup of 12 MP (f/1.75; Sony IMX486) and a 20 MP (f/1.75; Sony IMX376) cameras focused at providing better picture quality. The phone also uses AI in order to provide better portrait shots and scene detection. The selfie camera on the phone is a 20MP unit and it uses Pixel Binning technology to combine 4 pixels to create one. This helps when taking low light photos.
The phone currently runs on Android 8.1 Oreo but it will be updated to the newly announced Android 9 Pie soon. The phone itself is quite well built and comes with a 3010mAh battery with support for Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+ but the charger doesn’t come in the box and you need to purchase it separately. The stock charger that you get is a 5V/2A unit that will not charge the phone with fast charging.
Xiaomi also announced the Mi A2 6GB RAM/128GB storage version but the price and the launch date aren’t confirmed yet.
Xiaomi Mi A2 specifications
- 5.99-inch Full HD+ display with a resolution of 2160×1080 pixels; 18:9 aspect ratio; 2.5D curved glass; 1500:1 Contrast ratio; Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Octa-core Snapdragon 660 (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs)
- Adreno 512 GPU
- 4GB RAM with 64GB storage / 6GB RAM with 128GB storage
- Android 8.1 (Oreo); upgradeable to Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Dual SIM
- Dual Camera Setup: 12 MP (f/1.75; Sony IMX486) and a 20 MP (f/1.75; Sony IMX376)
- 20MP front-facing camera (Sony IMX376 sensor, 4 in 1 – 2.0um pixels); soft LED flash
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3010mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+
The Xiaomi Mi A2 lets you choose between Lake Blue, Gold, Rose Gold and Black colors and the 4GB RAM/64GB storage version is priced at Rs. 16,999. To know more about the price of the 6GB RAM/128GB storage, we need to wait. The pre-orders for the Xiaomi Mi A2 start on 9th August on Amazon.com and Mi.com/in and the phone will start shipping next week. The first sale for the phone will be held on August 16th and the phone will also be available in offline Mi Stores.
As a launch offer, the company has partnered with Jio and buyers will be able to get Rs. 2200 cashback in form of vouchers and a total of 4.5TB additional data will be provided as well.