Xiaomi Mi 9 announced with Snapdragon 855, triple rear cameras, in-display fingerprint sensor
Xiaomi has just announced the much awaited Mi 9 to the world today. The new flagship from the company comes with a Snapdragon 855 which makes it one of the first phones with this chipset. The phone also features a 6.4-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED display with a raindrop notch. The screen covers 90.7% when it comes to screen to body ratio and it has a 40% narrow 3.6mm chin at the bottom.
The cameras on this phone are quite interesting as well. You have a triple rear camera set up at the back and this setup includes a 48 MP Sony IMX586 sensor with Laser Autofocus. You also have other autofocus techs here including Phase Detection Autofocus (PDAF) and Contrast Detection Autofocus (CAF), closed-loop Voice Coil Motor (VCM) for improved auto-focusing. You have another 12 MP Samsung S5K3M5 telephoto sensor for 2x lossless zoom and in the end, you get a 16 MP Sony IMX481 117-degree ultra-wide angle lens. The camera has scored 107 points from DxOMark. It scored 112 for photo and 99 for video.
The Xiaomi Mi 9 also has an in-display fingerprint sensor as well which has an optical sensor and it is very quick in terms of fingerprint recognition as well. You get a 3300mAh battery and the phone has support for 27W fast charging along with 20W wireless fast charging as well.
The phone comes with a Snapdragon 855 and you can get up to 12GB RAM in the special edition which has a transparent back.
- 6.39-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 1080 × 2280 pixels; 103.8% NTSC color gamut; 600 nits brightness; >60000:1 contrast ratio; Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform (1 x 2.84GHz Kryo 485 + 3 x 2.42GHz Kryo 485 + 4x 1.80GHz Kryo 485)
- Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage / 12GB RAM with 256GB storage (Transparent Edition)
- Dual SIM
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- 48MP rear camera with 1/2.0″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.75 aperture, LED flash, Laser Autofocus, PDAF, CAF, 12MP 1/3.6″ Samsung S5K3M5, telephoto lens with f/2.2 aperture, 1.0μm pixel size, 6P lens, 2x lossless zoom, 16MP 1/1.3″ Sony IMX481 117-degree ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 1.0μm pixel size, 6P lens, 4cm macro
- 20MP front-facing camera with 0.9μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5, Dual-frequency (L1+L5) GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3300mAh battery with 27W fast charging, 20W wireless fast charging
The Xiaomi Mi 9 has been priced at the following price points.
- 2999 yuan (US$ 446 / Rs. 31,725 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage
- 3299 yuan (US$ 490 / Rs. 34,900 approx.) for the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage
The Xiaomi Mi 9 Transparent Limited Edition with 12GB RAM and 256GB storage costs 3999 yuan (US$ 594 / Rs. 42,300 approx.). You will be able to buy the phone in China from February 26th.