Xiaomi has today announced their new cheaper version of their Mi 8, the Mi 8 Lite in China and it comes with some really interesting set of specifications. It has a 6.26-inch full HD+ display and under the hood, you get a Snapdragon 660 chipset with 6GB RAM. It runs on MIUI with Android 8.1 Oreo at its core.
The dual rear cameras on the phone are supported by AI features such as AI scene recognition which can recognize about 238 scenes. The dual camera setup consists of a 12 MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.9 and the secondary camera has a 5 MP sensor which will be used to click portrait mode photos. The front camera, on the other hand, has a 24 MP sensor and comes with AI supported beauty mode.
Xiaomi has made changes to the camera app in order for the display to light up based on the situation you’re taking a selfie in. The phone will then light up the screen in the most appropriate way with the color correct temperature to give the best output. When this is combined with the AI beautification that MIUI has, it is bound to shoot some nice selfies.
The phone has a premium glass back but lacks wireless charging. The back has a fingerprint sensor and the phone is powered by a 3350mAh battery which supports Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0.
Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite (Youth Edition) specifications
- Octa-core Snapdragon 660 (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) processor
- Adreno 512 GPU
- 4GB and 6GB RAM options
- 6.26-inch Full HD+ display with a resolution of 2280×1080 pixels; 19:9 aspect ratio; 2.5D curved glass; 1500:1 contrast
- 64GB storage option with 4GB/6GB RAM; 128GB storage option with 6GB RAM
- MIUI 10 with Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- 12MP rear camera (Sony IMX363 sensor and f/1.9 aperture) + 5MP secondary camera(Samsung S5K5E8)
- 24MP front-facing camera 9Sony IMX576 sensor)
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dual SIM; Dual 4G VoLTE; Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) 2×2 MIMO; Bluetooth 5 LE; GPS + GLONASS; USB Type-C
- 3350mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
The phone comes in three variants:
- 4GB RAM with 64GB storage – 1399 yuan (US$ 204 / Rs. 14,835 approx.)
- 6GB RAM with 64GB storage – 1699 yuan (US$ 248 / Rs. 18,020 approx.)
- 6GB RAM with 128GB storage – 1999 yuan (US$ 290 / Rs. 21,200 approx.)
The Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite will be made available starting 25th September and it will be sold in Aurora Blue, Sunset Gold, and Midnight Black colors.