Along with the Mi 8 Lite, Xiaomi has also announced their new Mi 8 Pro flagship with Snapdragon 845 which comes with a unique pressure-sensitive in-display fingerprint sensor. The new pressure-sensitive fingerprint sensor under the display is faster and also power-efficient and as per Xiaomi, the fingerprint sensor is 29% faster than the in-display fingerprint sensor on Xiaomi Mi 8.
While the 29% faster unlock might now sound like a big deal, but it still makes the difference noticeable when you use it in real life. The pressure sensitive part also saves a lot of power as the sensor is only activated once the unit detects the pressure, thereby saving the extra battery on detecting false touches while the phone is in the pocket.
The new Mi 8 Pro has a 6.21-inch full HD+ display with an aspect ratio of 18.7:9 and it uses an AMOLED panel with a brightness of 600 nits which is really bright. Apart from that, the phone is still powered by the 2.8Ghz Snapdragon 845 and comes with 6GB or 8GB RAM. Xiaomi has launched the Mi 8 Pro with glass as well as transparent Titanium backs which makes the phone similar to Mi 8 Explorer Edition and the rest of the specifications are similar to the Original Mi 8.
Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro specifications
- 2.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 845 64-bit 10nm Mobile Platform
- Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB or 8GB RAM options
- 6.21-inch AMOLED display with full HD+ resolution of 2248 × 1080 pixels; 18.7:9 aspect ratio; 600 nits brightness; 60000:1 contrast ratio, DCI-P3 color gamut
- 128GB storage (UFS 2.1)
- MIUI 10 with Android 8.1 Oreo
- 12MP rear camera (26mm wide-angle lens, 1/2.6″ Sony IMX363 sensor, f/1.8 aperture) + Secondary 12MP (Samsung S5K3M3 sensor, f/2.4 aperture)
- 2X zoom; dual-tone LED flash; 4-axis OIS; Optical Zoom
- 20MP front-facing camera with real-time AI portraits
- IR Face unlock
- Pressure sensitive fingerprint sensor
- Dual SIM (nano + nano); Dual 4G VoLTE; WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ); Bluetooth 5 LE; Dual-frequency (L1+L5) GPS/GLONASS/Beidou; NFC; USB Type-C
- 3000mAh battery with Quick Charge 4
Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro has been launched in Sunset Gold, Black and Transparent Titanium color variants. The phone is priced at:
- 6GB RAM with 128GB storage – 3199 yuan (US$ 466 / Rs. 33,945 approx.)
- 8GB RAM with 128GB storage – 3599 yuan (US$ 525 / Rs. 38,192 approx.)
The phone will start selling in China on 21st September and there’s no word about its availability in India.