Samsung Galaxy A9 (2018) with Quad rear cameras, Super AMOLED display, launched in India starting at Rs. 36,990
Samsung has finally launched the much awaited Galaxy A9 2018 which comes with quad-rear cameras along with a 6.3-inch Super AMOLED display in the front. It comes with up to 8GB RAM and is powered by a Snapdragon 660 processor. The phone is finally launched in India at a price tag of Rs. 36,990 after it was announced back in October earlier.
The phone comes in at a price tag that is very competitive with players such as OnePlus, Huawei, LG and Asus already leading the marketing with full specced phones that come with Snapdrgaon 845 or equivalent chips. When it comes to battery and other features, the Galaxy A9 has a battery with a capacity of 3800mAh and it supports fast charging as well.
Samsung Galaxy A9 has a quad-rear camera setup that comes with a main 24-megapixel sensor with f/1.7 aperture, 10-megapixel Telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture for 2x optical zoom, 8-megapixel 120° Ultra Wide Lens for wide-angle photos and the fourth 5-megapixel camera to capture depth information for portrait shots. For selfies, it comes with a 24-megapixel front camera with an aperture of f/2.0.
Samsung Galaxy A9 (2018) specifications
- 6.3-inch (1080×2220 pixels) Full HD+ Super AMOLED Infinity display
- Octa Core Snapdragon 660 14nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 512 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB RAM with 128 GB Storage, expandable up to 512GB via micro SD card
- Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Dual SIM ( nano + nano + microSD)
- 24MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.7 aperture, 10MP wide-angle lens with f/2.4 aperture, 8MP 120° Ultra Wide camera with f/2.4 aperture and 5MP f/2.2 depth camera
- 24MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimension:162.5 x 77 x 7.8 mm; Weight: 183g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), VHT80, Bluetooth v5, GPS + GLONASS, NFC (Optional)
- 3800mAh battery with adaptive fast charging
You can buy the phone with 6GB RAM at Rs. Rs. 36,990 while the 8GB RAM variant costs Rs. 39,990. The phone will be available on online marketplaces like Flipkart and Amazon. Other than these, you will also be able to buy the phone from Samsung Online Shop and Airtel Online Stores starting today.
People who have an HDFC Debit or Credit card will be able to avail Rs. 3000 cashback while purchasing the phone. For those who wish to buy this phone from Airtel Online Store, they will be able to get the phone at a down payment of Rs. 3,690 and an EMI of Rs. 2,349 for the 6GB variant and for the 8GB RAM variant, the down payment will be Rs. 4,890 and the EMI will be INR 2,449.