Nokia 8.1 announced with HDR10 PureDisplay, Snapdragon 710, Android 9.0 Pie, Dual rear cameras with ZEISS optics
HMD Global has just announced a new Android One smartphone, the Nokia 8.1 which is sold at the Nokia X7 in China. The phone is Nokia’s offering in the mid-range segment and it was introduced in China back in October this year. The phone is being touted as the successor to Nokia 7 Plus and it does come with some really interesting features. It has a 6.18-inch Full HD+ display with an aspect ratio of 18.7:9, Nokia is calling this display the PureDisplay and covers a wide DCI-P3 color gamut and HDR10 video playback.
The phone has a Snapdragon 710 processor at its core and it will on Android 9 Pie just like any of the new Android One devices that will be launching soon. At the back, it has a 12 MP camera with ZEISS optics. This camera uses a Sony IMX363 sensor that has a f/1.8 aperture. You will also find features such as OIS on this thing. The secondary camera at the back is a 13 MP for portrait shots and zoom.
The camera app will be able to detect 18 scenes thanks to the AI scene detection that it comes with. The front has a 20 MP camera for selfies and it has an aperture of f/2.0 which is great for low light environments.
The phone is made out of a 6 series aluminum-magnesium alloy frame and it has a glass back as well. The fingerprint sensor is mounted at the back of the phone and the whole thing is powered by a 3500mAh battery that supports 18W fast charging.
- 6.18-inch display with a Full HD+ resolution of 2246 × 1080 pixels; PureDisplay; HDR10; 18.7:9 aspect ratio, 500 nits brightness, 96% NTSC Color gamut, DCI-P3, 1500:1 Contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 710 10nm Processor (Dual 2.2GHz Kryo 360 + Hexa 1.7GHz Kryo 360 CPUs)
- Adreno 616 GPU
- 4GB (LPPDDR4x) RAM
- 64GB (eMMC 5.1) storage; Expandable storage up to 400GB with microSD card
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / nano + microSD)
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, 1/2.55″ Sony IMX363 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, 1.4μm pixels, OIS, 13MP secondary rear camera with f/2.2 aperture, ZEISS optics
- 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Nokia OZO Stereo Audio recording
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3500mAh battery with 18W fast charging
You will be able to buy the Nokia 8.1 in Blue/Silver, Steel/Copper, Iron/Steel color options. The price for the phone is yet to be announced in India but it is expected to launch here in India on 10th December.