Meizu M6 launched in India with 5.2-inch display, fingerprint sensor, 4G VoLTE for Rs. 7699
The Meizu M6 has been launched in India as a successor to the last year’s Meizu M5. The launch took place silently and the phone is being exclusively sold on Amazon.in.
The new Meizu M6 comes loaded with an octa-core 1.5 GHz MediaTek MT6750 processor with 2GB RAM. It runs on FlymeOS 6 which is based on Android 7.0 Nougat. The phone comes with a 13MP rear camera and has a 4-color RGBW flash for better color reproduction in the images. The front-facing selfie camera, on the other hand, has an 8MP sensor.
The body of the Meizu M6 has a metal frame and is made up of polycarbonate. It has metallic lines across the edge of the body which also work as the phone’s antenna. The phone supports 4G VoLTE so you can pop in a Jio SIM card and it will work right out of the box.
The fingerprint sensor on the phone is a mTouch sensor, as Meizu calls it and the company claims that it can unlock the phone in just 0.2 seconds which is definitely fast. On the battery side of things, the phone comes with a 3070mAh battery and doesn’t support fast charging.
The display on the phone is a 720p display with 2.5D glass on top of it and it has brightness levels that can go up to 450 nits. The specifications of the phone are listed below.
- 5.2-inch 720p HD 2.5D curved glass display with 450 nits brightness
- Octa-Core MediaTek MT6750 (4 x 1.5GHz A53 + 4 x 1.0GHz A53) processor
- Mali T860 GPU
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB storage which is expandable up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) with Flyme OS 6.0
- 13MP rear camera with 4-color RGBW flash; PDAF; f/2.2 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera; f/2.0 aperture
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+nano/microSD)
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS / GLONASS
- 3070mAh battery
The phone still runs on Android 7.0 which might be a negative factor for many looking to buy the phone. The phone is available at Amazon.in and comes only in Black color as of now.