Meizu M16th launches in India for ₹39,999 – Snapdragon 845, 8GB RAM, and in-display fingerprint scanner
Meizu, a company we rarely hear about in the Indian market has launched their new flagship – Meizu M16th in India for Rs. 39,999. The phone comes with a Snapdragon 845 chipset that is coupled with 8GB RAM. The phone itself carries the standard flagship specifications like an 18:9 aspect ratio display but it does one thing differently, the phone’s display has no notch at all. The company went with a tall display and thin bezels design language for the phone which in my opinion is a good choice.
The phone comes with a dual camera setup on the back which has Sony-made 12 MP (f/1.8) + 20 MP (f/2.4) cameras. The primary camera on the back comes with OIS while the secondary 20 MP sensor has a 3X telephoto lens. The camera setup is supported by laser autofocus which makes the focus system a lot faster as compared to many other devices. On the front, you have a 20 MP camera with an aperture of f/2.0.
- 6-inch display with a Full HD+ resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels; 18:9 aspect ratio; Super AMOLED
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Processor
- Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB/8GB RAM
- 6GB RAM/64GB Storage; 8GB RAM/128GB storage
- Rear Camera – 12MP Primary Camera (Sony IMX 380, f/1.8, 1.55μm pixel size, OIS, PDAF, Laser AF) + 20MP Secondary Camera(Telephoto lens, Sony IMX 350, f/2.6)
- Front Camera – 20MP, f/2.0
- USB Type-C
- Battery 3,010 mAh with mCharge fast charging (24W)
- Dual SIM
- Fingerprint Sensor Front, in-display
- 3.5mm headphone
- Android Version Android 8.1 Oreo underneath Flyme OS
The phone will be sold on Amazon.in and will be available in two colors. Jio customers will be able to avail a cashback of Rs. 2200 along with 100GB data as well.