LG has launched their new flagship, the LG G7+ ThinQ in India at a price of Rs. 39,990 which is quite competitive if you compare other phones with Snapdragon 845. The phone comes with the top of the line Snapdragon 845 and 6GB RAM along with a 6.1-inch QHD+ display. The display uses an IPS panel and the brightness can go up to 1000 nits and it is capable of display 100% DCI-P3 color gamut.
The phone sports Gorilla Glass to protect the screen as well as the back and it has a polished metal rim giving it a really premium feel. It is also IP68 certified which means it can resist dust and water easily. LG has also placed a dedicated button for Google Assistant and the phone also has Super Far Field voice recognition which means the phone will be able to recognize your voice even if you are away from the phone anywhere in the room. On the audio side, you have a Boombox Speaker and it uses the phone’s resonance chamber to deliver the bass. This phone has one of the best single speaker setups in smartphones out there.
It has support for DTS:X to give the user virtual 3D sound and it can produce 7.1 channel surround sound using the earphones. The phone also has a HiFi Quad DAC for audiophiles out there.
LG G7+ ThinQ specifications
- 6.1-inch display with a resolution of 3120 x 1440 pixels; 19.5:9 FullVision display; Super Bright IPS Display with 1000 nits of brightness; Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection; 100% DCI-P3 color gamut
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor
- Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB storage (UFS 2.1); expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD card
- Android 8.0 (Oreo) with LG UX
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / nano + microSD)
- 16MP rear camera with f/1.6 aperture, 71-degree wide-angle lens, secondary 16MP camera with 107-degree super-wide angle lens with f/1.9 aperture, LED flash
- 8MP front camera with 80-degree wide-angle lens, f/1.9 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, Dedicated Google Assistant button
- Water and dust resistant (IP68), MIL-STD 810G certified
- 3.5mm audio jack, 32-bit Advanced Hi-Fi Quad DAC, Boombox Speaker
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3000mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0, Wireless charging
The LG G7+ ThinQ will be sold exclusively on Flipkart and it is priced at Rs. 39,990. The sale for the phone will start on August 10th when Flipkart will also be running the Big Freedom sale. The phone is a close competitor to other smartphones like the Zenfone 5Z and OnePlus 6.