Lenovo announced the Lenovo A5 smartphone in India today which is priced at a very attractive segment of Rs. 5999 and Rs. 6999. The phone was launched in China back in June this year and it comes with a 5.45-inch display with an HD+ resolution. Under the hood, it has a MediaTek MT6739 chipset and you can get this phone with up to 3GB RAM.
The phone has a single camera at the back which has a 13 MP sensor and the front-facing selfie camera has a sensor of 8 MP. The phone also has a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor which is definitely a plus at this price point. Additionally, it also comes with face unlock and the whole thing is powered by a 4000mAh battery.
- 1.5GHz Quad-Core MediaTek MT6739 64-bit processor
- PowerVR Rogue GE8100 GPU
- 2GB RAM and 3GB RAM variants
- 5.45-inch display with an HD+ resolution of 1440 × 720 pixels; 18:9 aspect ratio; 2.5D curved glass display
- 2GB RAM with 16GB storage; 3GB RAM with 32GB storage; Expandable memory up to 256GB using microSD card
- Android 8.1 Oreo
- Dual SIM; Dedicated microSD card; nano + nano + microSD
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- 4000mAh battery
The Lenovo A5 will be sold on Flipkart exclusively and you can buy it for Rs. 5999 for the 2GB RAM and 16GB storage variant and the 3GB RAM and 32GB storage variant costs Rs. 6999. The phone comes in Black and Gold color options.