A new landmark in Canon India’s convoy showcasing strong technological capabilities & long-term commitment towards Indian customer, C-TEC is a state of the art facility. Well equipped with highly sophisticated tools, C-TEC has senior professionals for simulations and training direct engineers and partners. It provides a comprehensive learning approach focused on technical, software and intellectual skill development
Canon believes in & follows Kyosei philosophy, signifying “living and working together for the common good”. This infrastructure is a small step towards our commitment in complying with Kyosei philosophy and working for the common good. Inaugurated in Dec, 2016 by Mr. Kazutada Kobayashi, President & CEO Canon India, C-TEC is situated in Noida India.
The Canon Technical Excellence Center (CTEC) spreads across 40,000 sq. ft.; carved with 5 tools CTEC focuses on:
- Learning-C-TEC is the learning hub and used for conducting technical trainings, demonstrations, product testing and simulation. Partners as well as Canon engineers can enhance their technical skills from very basic to vastly innovative creation. C-TEC conducts 5k-6k of man-hours training every year covering more than 1500 engineers nationally. Engineers learn without rest so that they turn out the best.
- Invention – With DreamLabo a viable alternative to silver halide technology, Canon brings in an innovative idea, which is not just about colour and output but about recreating memories in a way that they remain alive for a lifetime. The spectacular HD printing can make one bring back and cherish those moments
- Rejuvenation – Refreshing the old leading to regeneration, driven by the philosophy of Kyosei, Canon always endeavour to rejuvenate the environment. At CTEC, Canon ensures that all the recyclable items are reused efficiently and non-recyclable items are scrapped in an environment friendly was, as per statutory requirements.
- Expertise– CTEC is a hub for repairs of high end cameras, which demands qualified engineers. This facility houses one of the best dark rooms in Asia measuring 33m in length and covering an area of 2192 sq feet. Lens adjustment of Up to 800mm along with all the tools as recommended by Canon Ink, which results in high precision repairs work .Canon Technical Excellence Center compliments the goal of delighting you always with its skill and expertise.
- Responsibility: CTEC takes vital steps towards nurturing the environment and immensely supports sustainable development as the rooftop is labelled as Social Responsibility. In order to conserve energy, this floor has a series of solar panels installed. Investment has also been made for RO plants for water purification, thus playing an important part in sustainable development.
Apart from training personnel’s, CTEC has a state of the art repair center to service and repairing Canon products, including cameras, printers, projectors, copiers – under one roof. The center also provides for refurbishing, regeneration of copiers & printers, refilling of toner cartridges and even recycling of products for safeguarding environment. The CTEC operations are segregated into different parts with separate floor area allotted to each.
The basement is for Rejuvenation, where business process machinery are brought back from the field is refurbished. In case these machines are irreparable, they are recycled or scraped as per the government norms of e-waste disposal.
The ground floor is reserved for Demonstration. This is where you will find the HD Photo Zone, where high-end commercial products like Dream Labo, Oce & IPF Pro Printer are kept for training & demonstration purposes. There are two units of Dream Labo, Canon’s first inkjet production photo printer used for wedding photo printing, one of which is used for training purposes and the other for customer demonstration and usage. The Toner Refilling Plant is situated on the ground floor as well and includes a high-tech compression plant to maintain the quality of air. On the same floor, defective PCBs are repaired and reused for contractual machines.
The Training Center is present on the first floor, where training is imparted to Service Engineers, Business Imaging Solutions IDC Partner Engineer & Managers. The Level 3 technical help desk for technical and software support is also on the same floor. Canon rightfully calls this floor the heart of Market Engineering.
On the next floor, there is an in-house Repair Center. This is where Inkjet and laser printers (warranty or Dead on Arrival cases) are repaired here. The spare parts are re-engineered and reused as well. Parts which cannot be reused are either recycled or disposed of as per government norms. On the same floor, defective PCBs are repaired and reused for contractual machines.
On the third floor, there is a separate Camera Repair Center formed by consolidating Delhi-NCR region repair centers. The entire range of Canon DSLR, lenses, projector and broadcasting cameras are repaired on this floor. Being a content creator, getting to know more about how Canon cameras are repaired was an exciting and new experience.
The terrace of CTEC or the rooftop is rightly labeled as Social Responsibility. In order to conserve energy, this floor has a series of solar panels installed on the rooftop. Investment has also been made into RO plants for water purification and LED lights to save power consumption, thus playing its part in sustainable development. Canon not only believes in delighting their customers but they also takes care of the environment.
The new Canon Technical Excellence Center improves and synergizes service network by aggregating all product research, training, and other infrastructure under one roof and helps reduce overall operation cost by up to 42 percent.