Sony Mobiles division which handles the Xperia brand have got some news for us. At CES this year, they launched the Xperia Z1 Compact but there has to be left something for the most awaited press conference for any global mobile device launch, the Mobile World Congress held annually at Barcelona, Spain. Observing the auspicious occasion, Sony at the first day announces the Xperia Z2 flagship smartphone for the year 2014 which is an iteration to the Xperia Z1.
The Sony Xperia Z2 flaunts 5.2-inch full HD 1920×1080 pixels resolution Triluminios Display with Live Colour LED powered by X-Reality. It comes powered by the Snapdragon 801 chipset having 2.3GHz quad-core processor and Adreno 330 GPU running Android KitKat 4.4 out of the box. It features a 20.7MP rear camera with Sony G lens having a 27mm wide angle f/2.0 aperture custom 1/2.3″ Sony Exmor RS image sensor and BIONZ image processing engine capable of 4K video recording.
Sony Xperia Z2 Specifications:
- 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels resolution) Triluminos Display with Live Colour LED powered by X-Reality engine
- 2.3 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor with Adreno 330 GPU
- Android 4.4 KitKat
- 20.7MP Primary Camera with Exmos RS sensor, 4K video recording.
- 2.2MP front-facing camera with 1080p video recording
- 8.2mm thickness and 158 grams weight
- IP55 / IP58 rating for dust and water resistance
- 3GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, Upto 64GB expandable memory via microSD card
- LTE /3G HSPA+, WiFi 820.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 with APT-X, GPS/ GLONASS, MHL 3.0, NFC
- 3200 mAh Battery with STAMINA mode
Pricing and Availability
The Sony Xperia Z2 comes in Black, White and Purple colors and will launch globally with availability from March 2014 and the pricing to be announced at the time of the launch.