Samsung has launched their latest smart watch Gear S in India. The IP67-certified smart watch features a 2 inch 360 x 480 curved Super AMOLED display and it is powered by a 1 Ghz dual core processor. It is resistant to both dirt and water and supports 3G as well as Wi-Fi. It comes with inbuilt GPS and provides the feature of turn by turn navigation.
Gear S has a slot for SIM Card which means it can be used independently but if you don’t want to use it independently you can pair it with your Smartphone and sync the data. It comes with heart rate monitor, UV light sensor, onscreen keyboard, S-voice support and standalone music player. The device has an internal storage of 4GB and a 512 MB RAM. It has a 300mAh battery which can last for around two days. It runs on Samsung’s own operating system known as Tizen.
Key specifications of Gear S
- 2-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen and 300 ppi pixel density
- 1 GHz dual-core CPU
- 4 GB internal memory and 512 MB RAM
- 300 mAh battery
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Compass, HRM, Ambient Light, UV, Barometer
- Dust and water resistant
- Supports 3G, Wi-Fi and bluetooth
- Supports over 69 languages
- 1.9 MP camera with BSI and 720p Recording
Samsung Gear S is priced at Rs 28,900 in India and it will be available in India from 17 october. It will come in white and black colors with multiple color wrist bands.