One of the most awaited gadget is finally here. Yes, we are talking about the Galaxy S6. And, this time it is not alone. Samsung has finally realized that it needs to do something innovative to remain at the top and that is the reason that we have Samsung Galaxy S6 edge with us. According to Samsung, both the devices define the future of mobility and it will offer ultimate smartphone experience with new standards.
The Galaxy S6, which is one of its own kind of smartphone offers world’s first curved display on the both sides. There is no doubt that it is unique and beautiful but, it is also a powerful device.
Key Features of Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge:
- Beautiful and purposeful design: Both the devices are crafted from metal and glass and are equipped with powerful features. It is Galaxy S6 which shows outstanding beauty and also provides a solid grip. It is made from the toughest glass to date which is Corning Gorilla 4 and the device offers an immersive viewing experience thanks to curved display on both sides. Both the devices offer a totally new and lighter user interface that improves the usability and functionality.
- A better Camera: Both the devices are equipped with a stunning vivid, bright and better cameras at the both sides of the device. Both the device offers 5MP front camera and 16MP rear camera which produces most superior image quality, even in low light. Both the cameras are powered by F1.9 lenses to offer those crisp and clear images. Features include Auto Real-time High Dynamic Range (HDR), Smart Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) and IR Detect White Balance. One of the best feature is “Quick Launch” which directly opens the camera in just 0.7 seconds just by double clicking the home key button.
- Wire Free Super Charging: Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 edge are equipped with fully embedded WPC and PMA certified wireless charging technology and offers 1.5 times faster charging than the Galaxy S5. The device work with all kind of wireless pad and provides 4 hours of usage with only 10 minutes of charging.
- Powerful cutting edge technology: Both the devices are first kind of devices which uses 14nm mobile processor with 64-bit platform, new LPDDR4 memory system and UFS 2.0 flash memory. The world’s first 1440P/VP9 is also used in devices which offers faster high resolution video streaming while using less amount of battery. The screen offers highest pixel density of 557ppi. Both the devices are extremely thin and lightweight with S6 weighing 138gm and S6 edge weighing 132gm only.
- Better Security: Both the devices are equipped with upgraded Samsung KNOX and end-to end secure mobile platform to offer real-time protection against malicious attacks. Apart from this, the devices are also equipped with Find My Mobile technology which comes with an all new remotely controlled reactivation lock. There is also a touch-type fingerprint scanner for better safety of data.
Both the devices will be available in India from April 10, 2015. Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge will be available in White Pearl, Black Sapphire, Gold Platinum and Blue Topaz color. Galaxy S6 Edge will also be available in an additional Green Emerald color. The S6 is priced at INR 49,900 (32GB), INR 55,900 (64GB) and INR 61,900 (128GB), while S6 edge is priced at INR 58,900 (32GB), INR 64,900 (64GB) and INR 70,900 (128GB).