Samsung announced their flagship handset, Samsung Galaxy S5 in India last month in March 2014. They gave an expected date for the arrival of the handset in the Indian market as April 11 which they have been able to keep. Samsung Galaxy S5 is the latest iteration in the flagship Galaxy S series have been launched in India for Rs. 51,500 and is readily available from all the leading offline and online retailers across the country.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 as we know features the top notch hardware with the heart rate monitor, fingerprint sensor and water, dust proof certification. Detailed specification set are listed below:
Samsung Galaxy S5 Specifications
- 5.1-inch full HD 1920×1080 pixels resolution Super AMOLED display
- Octa-Core Exynos 5422 (Quad-Core A15 1.9 GHz ＋Quad-Core A7 1.3 GHz) processor
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- 16MP rear camera with LED Flash, BSI and Ultra HD video recording
- 2.1MP front-facing camera
- IP67 certification for dust and water resistance
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable up to 64GB with microSD
- Infrared LED for smart TV remote
- S Health 3.0, Heart rate sensor
- 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2X2 MIMO), Bluetooth v4.0 LE, GPS, USB 3.0 and NFC
- 2800 mAh Battery
Pricing and Availability
The Samsung Galaxy S5 is now available in Indian market from the leading online and retail outlets in all the four color options charcoal Black, shimmery White, electric Blue and copper Gold for Rs. 51,500.