The most expected smartphone for this year’s Mobile World Congress was the Samsung Galaxy S5, which has been launched. Samsung Galaxy S5 with a new tagline in style was launched in Barcelona on February 24, 2014 having bunch of new features.
Samsung Galaxy S5 sports a 5.1-inch full HD 1920×1080 pixels resolution Super AMOLED display. It is powered by a 2.5GHz Snapdragon 801 quad-core processor with 2GB RAM and 16/32GB internal memory. It runs on Android 4.4 KitKat with Samsung’s own UI layering called as TouchWiz on the top. It comes with a 16MP rear camera shooter with LED flash that can record 4K video, HDR (Rich tone), Selective Focus, Virtual Tour Shot and more. It also has a 2.1MP front-facing camera and the company claims that it has the fastest autofocus speed which is up to 0.3 seconds. Galaxy S5 is IP67 water and dust resistant and includes a fingerprint scanner for biometric security. Additionally it has an Ultra power saving mode which turns the screen B&W saving the juice for important tasks.
Samsung Galaxy S5 Specifications:
- 5.1-inch full HD (1920×1080 pixels resolution) Super AMOLED display
- 2.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- 16MP rear camera with LED Flash, BSI and 4K video recording
- 2.1MP front-facing camera
- IP67 ratings for Dust and water Resistance.
- 2GB RAM, 16GB / 32GB internal memory, expandable up to 64GB
- Infrared LED for smart TV remote
- S Health 3.0, Heart rate sensor
- 4G LTE-A, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2X2 MIMO), Bluetooth v4.0 LE, GPS, USB 3.0 and NFC
- 2800 mAh Battery
Pricing and Availability
Samsung Galaxy S5 will be available in Charcoal Black, Shimmery White, Electric Blue and Copper Gold color options. It would go on sale globally from April 2014 and pricing will be revealed at launch.