91mobiles.com which is one of the top most gadget research website in India has come up with Project Aria concept which basically offers a small glimpse into the future of mobile technology.
91mobiles conducted a survey to understand the basic need and expectation of consumers from future smartphones. Now, on the basis of this survey, the company focused on the parameters like battery life, camera, performance, display and easy customization with upgradeability options. The company has majorly considered the technology which seems to be promising and which will become mainstream in upcoming years. Now, by combing all these insights, 91 mobiles has come up with Project Aria Concept.
Key Features of Project Aria:
- It will use super capacitors in place of batteries: Since super capacitors are light in weight and offers ten time more battery life, Project Aria will use super capacitors to power the device. Apart from that, super capacitors take just a fraction of time to fully recharge.
- It will offer modular and replaceable hardware: Project Aria will allow easy up gradation by just simply swapping the hardware components. For example, if the user wants to upgrade the camera he/she can do it just by swapping it with a camera which offers better clarity and picture quality.
- It will offer Holographic Video Projection: The best part of this Project Aria is that it will allow the device to offer life-like video experience which means a user can easily enjoy video calling and 4D content.
- Lytro Camera: This means a camera which can capture the complete depth of filed in place of just the subject. So, it will allow users to change the perspective and limitlessly refocus on the pictures taken.
- It will offer vibration transducer speaker system: This technology will allow the device to turn any kind of flat surface into a large speaker which will improve the audio experience.
- Transparent Polymer OLED display with 4k resolution: This amazing display will offer vibrant visuals and greater usability. The best part is that it will turn transparent when not in use.
Hardware specifications for the Project Aria
- 5-inch UHD / 3840 × 2160 pixel resolution POLED display, with a pixel density close to 900PPI
- 20NM fabrication based octa-core chip clocked at 3.0GHz, 64-bit compatible (upgradeable)
- 4GB of RAM (upgradeable)
- 16GB/ 32GB / 64GB / 128GB (upgradeable)
- 13- Megapixel, Lytro camera unit with Optical Image stabilization and 4K Video recording (upgradeable)
- 4G/ LTE connectivity (upgradeable)
- Wi-Fi -AC, Bluetooth 4.1 LP, NFC (upgradeable)
- Carbon based super capacitor for battery offering 2 days’ worth of battery life in just a 30 min quick charge
There is no news on the price and availability of Project Aria. But, looking on the features of the device it is expected that it will take some time to become a reality.