Panasonic today announced the launch of its full rugged handheld tablet Toughpad FZ-E1/X1 and its semi-rugged Toughbook CF-54. The company is looking to capture close to 65% market share by FY2015 in the Rugged IT device field. The all new handheld tablet Toughpad FZ-E1 is powered by Windows Embedded 8.1 while Toughpad FZ-X1 is powered by Android 4.2.2. Both the devices are specially made to improve efficiency and productivity in the field of defense, retail, manufacturing, public safety and field services.
The Toughpad FZ-E1 and FZ-X1 represent an expansion of Panasonic’s Toughpad line which is company’s most comprehensive portfolio in terms of enterprise-focused tablets. All these new tablets are also built for easy and simple integration into already existing IT infrastructures and for smooth deployments in such companies.
Mr. Hide Harada, Managing Officer in charge of Mobile Business Division, Director of IT Products Business Division (ITPBD), AVC Networks Company, Panasonic Corporation said, “With mobility increasingly becoming a crucial factor in determining business success today, the launch of these products is a strategic step towards enhancing our focus on the mobility segment. We are among the few device manufacturers to offer complete customization for our rugged-devices, with everything in-house. With the new devices complementing our existing business, we will be able to significantly improve our presence in the segment, driven by factors such as improving mobility infrastructure and ecosystem, combined with business and workforce demand.”
Key Features of Toughpad FZ-E1 and FZ-X1:
- It is strong and durable. Both the devices are resistant to drop of up to 10 feet on concrete. Both the tablets are dust and water proof.
- They are the first Toughpad devices which offer voice connectivity.
- The devices are backed up by a 6200 mAh battery which can deliver 14 hours of continue usage.
Key Features of Toughbook CF-54:
- This new Toughbook is almost 50% thin and 25% as compared with previous model.
- It is equipped with new Generation Intel Core i5-5300U vPro processor.
- It offers battery life of 11 hours.
- It comes with a hot swappable battery option.
Toughpad FZ-E1 is priced at INR 119,000 and Toughpad FZ-X1 is priced at INR 109,000. Toughbook CF-54 will cost you INR 139,000.