Few days ago, Nokia had announced its first ever Android based smartphone in Barcelona at MWC 2014, the Nokia X along with Nokia X+ and Nokia XL. Nokia X runs on Nokia X smartphone platform 1.0 which basically is backed up by Android Open Source Project v4.1 runtime.
The smartphone features a 4-inch capacitive display with 800×480 pixels resolution. It is powered by a 1GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Play (MSM8225) chipset with 512MB RAM. It comes with a 3MP rear camera and 4GB of on-board storage with further expansion via external microSD card.
Nokia X Specifications:
- 4-inch (800 x 480 pixels resolution) capactiive display
- 1 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 play (MSM8225) processor with Adreno 203 GPU
- Nokia X software platform 1.0 based on AOSP Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- Dual SIM
- Dimensions: 115.5 x 63 x 10.44 mm; Weight: 128.6 g
- 3MP fixed focus rear camera
- 512MB RAM, 4GB of Internal storage, micro SD expansion slot
- 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0, aGPS
- 1500 mAh battery
Nokia has partnered with various app developers to launch their applications for the newly launched Android based smartphone and will host their apps on Nokia store which will support operator billing.
Pricing and Availability
Nokia X will be available in Black, White, Cyan, Red, Yellow and Green colors priced at Rs. 8,599. The stocks will be ready for sale across India starting today with Nokia X+ and Nokia XL to be launched soon.