The HTC One (M7) smartphone of the year 2013, finally found its successor the all new HTC One (M8) to keep up the legacy which has been officially announced on March 25, 2014. HTC One (M8) is not just an numerical upgrade but it packs lots of improvements within.
The HTC One (M8) features a 5.0-inch full HD display having 1920×1080 pixels resolution with Corning Gorilla Glass protection. It is powered by a 2.3/2.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 quad-core processor which varies according to the market and runs on Android 4.4 KitKat with Sense 6.0 UI. It features dual rear camera with one of the rear camera to be UltraPixel and the other to capture depth information. Along with that it has a wide aperture front facing camera with BSI sensor.
The HTC BoomSound has been upgraded with up to 25% more output without compromising on the quality and now flaunts 90% metal construction design.
HTC One (M8) Specifications
- 5.0-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD display with Corning Gorilla glass 3 protection
- 2.5 GHz / 2.3 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor with Adreno 330 GPU
- Android 4.4 KitKat with HTC Sense 6.0
- UltraPixel primary rear camera with dual LED Flash, BSI Sensor, f/2.0 aperture and 28 mm lens
- Secondary rear camera to capture depth information
- 5 MP front-facing camera
- Full HD (1080p) video recording with HDR Video
- 9.35 mm thick and weighs 160 grams
- HTC BoomSound, Dual front-facing stereo speakers with built-in amplifiers, HTC Sense Voice
- Infrared remote control
- Nano SIM
- 2 GB RAM, 16GB / 32GB internal memory, expandable up to 128GB
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 a/ac/b/g/n (2.4 and 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX codec, MHL, NFC and GPS with GLONASS
- 2600 mAh battery
Pricing and Availability
The HTC One (M8) comes in Gunmetal Gray, Glacial Silver and Amber Gold colors and would be available across 230 operators globally in 100 countries. No word has been laid on pricing yet.