Keeping along with the competition HTC has launched a new mid-range and low-end smartphone considering the pricing of its flagship handset. At an event in New Delhi, HTC announced the One (M8) along with HTC Desire 816 and HTC Desire 210.
HTC Desire 816 packs the new innovative features of the HTC One like the HTC BoomSound and HTC BlinkFeed. Along with this, it comes with 5.5-inch display featuring a 13MP rear camera and a 5MP front-facing camera. It is powered by a 1.6GHz quad-core processor and 1.5GB RAM.
The low-end HTC Desire 210 on the other hand, features a 4-inch display with HTC BlinkFeed on it. It is powered by a 1GHz dual-core processor and features a 5MP rear camera. It runs on Android 4.2 JellyBean and supports dual-SIM standby.
HTC Desire 816 Specifications:
- 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) display
- 1.6 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor
- Android 4.4 KitKat with HTC Sense 5.5
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.2, 1080p HD recording
- 5 MP front-facing camera, f/2.8 720p HD recording
- HTC BoomSound, Dual frontal stereo speakers with built-in amplifiers
- 1.5GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, expandable memory with micro SD
- 3G, WiFi a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX, GPS with a-GPS
- 2600 mAh battery
HTC Desire 210 dual SIM Specifications
- 4-inch (800 x 480 pixels) display
- 1 GHz dual-core Mediatek MT6572M processor
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean with HTC Sense
- Dual SIM (GSM + GSM) (micro SIM + Regular SIM)
- 5MP rear camera and 0.3MP (VGA) front-facing camera
- 10.5 mm thick and weighs 130 grams
- 512MB RAM, 4GB internal memory, 32GB expandable memory with MicroSD
- 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX, GPS
- 1300 mAh battery
Pricing and Availability
The HTC Desire 816 will be available for Rs. 23,999 in Black, White, Red, Green and Purple colors while the Desire 210 will be available for Rs. 8,700 starting end of this month.