Coolpad Group Limited which is one of the global leader of smartphones manufacturer and integrated wireless data has recently announced its entry into the market of India. The company also announced that Varun Sharma will be the Chief Executive Officer who will be looking forward for the India operations of the company. Coolpad Dazen is known for delivering 4G and LTE service and is considered as the world’s fastest growing smartphone company and fastest growing online company in China. The company had decided to be a part of “Make In India” campaign which is the reason why the company will soon set up R&D center and manufacturing unit in India itself.
Some key innovations by Coolpad Group Limited:
- Holder of over 6000 patents including Dual SIM and Dual Standby.
- Ranked number 1 in year 2014 in the Chinese LTE market share with series of 4G patents.
- It was the first company to launch 7” phablet in China in 2013.
- It was also the first company to create a curved screen phone, dual rear camera and Unibody inside phone.
- Till 2008, it was the only brand to provide 3 standards of 3G compatibility in same device – W-CDMA, TD-SCDMA, HSPA+
- In 2005, the company launched the world’s first CDMA/GSM Dual-Mode, Dual-Standby phone based on patented technology
Coolpad Group Limited was founded in the year 1993, and was listed on the Main Board of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong in December 2004. It is a leading developer and provider of integrated solutions for smartphones, mobile data platform systems and value-added business operations in China.
According to Mr. Li Wang, Global Chief Operating Officer, Coolpad Dazen,
India is the fastest growing online smartphone market in the world and we want to be a leader in this market. We are happy to appoint Varun as the Country head of our India operations who brings with him immense and diverse experience in the consumer and online industry. We look forward to bring our great legacy, products and service experience in India through our new and innovative products and give Indian consumers the best smartphone experience at a price point that they want. We are confident with our patented technological innovations; Coolpad Dazen will become India’s number one smartphone brand in the online space.
It should be noted that Varun Sharma also worked as a Director at Flipkart and carries several years of experience in leading and building brands for P&G in India and South East Asia. He is an alumnus of IIM Calcutta.